Interdisciplinary Studies Program
- Interdisciplinary Studies (comprehensive) Major Description
- Interdisciplinary Studies (comprehensive) Major Requirements
(Revisions effective April 28, 2014)
The Interdisciplinary Studies major is a comprehensive major and is designed for students who cannot adequately realize their educational objectives through an existing academic program offered at UW-Superior.
The major is designed by the student in consultation with an academic advisor and selected faculty. The student is also required to take IDS 300 Educational Planning, a one credit online course that helps them design the major. The approval process for the major includes the advisor, chairs from the selected academic areas of study, the Director for Distance Learning, and the Credits and Reinstatement Committee.
51 total major credits
This major may be declared by on-campus or Distance Learning students.
- A minimum of 3 different discipline areas
- minimum of 9 credits, maximum of 22 credits, in each discipline area
- A minimum of 22 credits must be in courses numbered 300 or higher
- Must complete IDS 300 Individualized Educational Planning
- Must include a Capstone course
- Student must have earned at least 43 credits prior to submitting the IDS petition form
- Must submit (and have approved by the Credits and Student Reinstatement Committee) an Interdisciplinary Studies petition form.
Additional Degree Requirements:
- A minimum of 36 credits numbered 300 or higher
- A minimum of 30 credits earned at UW-Superior
- A resident GPA of at least 2.0 (UW-Superior courses only)
- The last 12 credits for the degree must be earned at UW-Superior