High School College Credit

Youth Options and Dual Enrollment programs allow Wisconsin high school juniors and seniors to enroll in college courses at an institution of higher learning in Wisconsin where they receive college credit while still in high school.

Youth Options:

The Youth Options program allows eligible juniors and seniors in Wisconsin schools to enroll in postsecondary course work with the tuition paid by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction if the student meets the deadlines for submitting the appropriate forms (PI 8700 A Form).

A student can take Youth Options courses through the following:

Dual Enrollment:

The dual enrollment program offers college level courses similar to Youth Options but the courses are taught at participating high schools by qualified teachers within the school district. To find out the school districts that participate in dual enrollment speak with your guidence counselor or call Kathryn Guimond.

For admission to the university, students must normally rank in the top half of their class, have a 3.0 GPA or higher, and have completed their sophomore year of high school. ACT scores and letters of recommendation can be submitted for evaluation of the students as well. Students with strong academic pedigree who have not yet completed their sophomore year may be considered on an individual basis. If a student wishes to discuss these requirements, they can contact the Admissions Office. Students who will be taking courses through our Youth Options or Dual Enrollment program generally take freshman and sophomore level courses (100 and 200 numbered courses). We encourage students to enroll in university studies (general education) courses. Prerequisites will need to be met for select courses and placement testing may be required for areas such as English, Math, and Foreign Languages. Scores on Advanced Placement (AP) or International Baccalaureate (IB) exams may also be in place of a prerequisite or placement test.

To qualify, you must have a 3.0 GPA and rank in the upper half of your class to be considered for admission.If you don't meet the criteria and would like to discuss your qualifications, please contact the Admissions Office.

It's your responsibility to be knowledgeable regarding policies relating to procedures and fees that may be assessed for tuition, materials, dropping course(s), late fees and refunds.  
You are subject to UW-Superior codes of conduct and academic policies. All course work is recorded and transcripted as post-secondary credit. In some cases the course work may satisfy high school credit requirements. It is your responsibility to contact your district's school board to determine whether the course work does indeed satisfy high school credit. Your high school counselor may be able to help with navigating this step.

To get started you must complete the following: Apply to UW-Superior as a High School Special/Youth Options Program.

The $44 admissions fee is waived.

A current transcript emailed to Youth Options

Non-Directory Release Form

Course Selection Form

PI-8700A Form, which is to be completed by the district's school board. This form is required if your school district will be paying the tuition. 

For more information, please contact Kathryn Guimond in our Center for Continuing Education.