This event has expired.
Asking for Major Gifts
When: Jan 29, 2015 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Whether you are just starting a planned giving program or embarking upon a capital campaign, you will benefit from an instructor with a seasoned background in development. What is the best technique to use when setting appointments with prospects? How do I determine if I am actually making progress? These questions will be answered and more.
Among the things you will learn:
- How to end procrastination and call reluctance
- How to prospect and obtain favorable interviews
- Exactly what to say on the phone
- Ways to close the gift and follow-up
- What you need/don't need to know about taxes, investments, and planned gifts
- The best way to plan your time and measure your success
By the end of the day, you will feel more comfortable with your role in securing major gifts. You will have learned all of the basics and more about Asking for Major and Planned Gifts. If you have never taken a class like this before, now is the time to consider doing so.
What our participants said about this workshop:
"All I can say is WOW! Fantastic."
"Very informative instructor."
Date/Time: Thursday, January 29, 2015 9:00AM - 4:00PM
CEUs: .6 (6 contact hours)
Instructor: Jill Petsel
Cost: $129 (or $119 if enrolled in the program)
Location: UW-Superior Campus, Yellowjacket Union 203
Ways to Register:
- Register Online
- Contact the Program Associate at (715)394-8191