This event has expired.
Current Personnel Issues
When: May 7, 2015 to May 8, 2015
This workshop is designed for individuals who want to discover or enhance their skills in hiring, firing, and issues related to workplace conflict, discrimination, and harassment. This program is a must for those who have human resource functions in their job duties. The goal of the course is to demonstrate how and why human resource decisions are directly related to the organization's overall effectiveness. Participants will learn about both traditional and contemporary issues in personnel administration.
- Legal issues in hiring and firing
- Finding and hiring the right employees
- Job descriptions
- Recruiting methods
- Applications and interviews
- Reasons to terminate
- Type of termination
- Orienting and training employees (the first training, career development/training, types of training, and training needs)
- Employment laws (Fair Labor Standards, EEO/Affirmative Action, Americans with Disabilities Act, COBRA, Veteran's Preference)
Upon completion, participants will:
- Understand the importance of developing effective job descriptions
- Realize aspects of recruiting and interviewing that lead to hiring the best candidate Discover the key points of effective discipline
- Learn when and how to terminate employees
- Discover the essential aspects of developing employee orientation programs
- How to recognize harassment and discrimination in the workplace
What our participants said about this workshop:
"Excellent workshop! I learned a lot of relevant information."
"Good speaker- I love the way the instructor relates real life experiences into the program."
"Great program. Held my attention all day."
Dates/Times: Thursday & Friday, November 13&14, 9:00AM - 4:00PM
CEUs: 1.2 (12 contact hours)
Instructor: Ken Buck
Cost: $249 (or $229 if enrolled in the program)
Location: UW-Superior Campus Yellowjacket Union 204
Ways to Register:
- Register Online
- Contact the Program Associate at (715)394-8191
Jun 2, 2016
Jun 11, 2016
Jun 15, 2016