Current Personnel Issues Workshops
This workshop is designed for organizations that don't have a full-time human resources manager, yet must still perform various personnel functions. The goal of the course is to demonstrate how and why human resource decisions are directly related to the organization's overall effectiveness. Participants will learn about both traditional and contemporary issues in personnel administration. Topics covered:
- Legal issues in hiring and firing
- Finding and hiring the right employees
- Job descriptions
- Recruiting methods
- Applications and interviews
- Reasons to terminate
- Type of termination
- Orienting and training employees (the first training, career development/training, types of training and training needs)
- Employment laws (Fair Labor Standards, EEO/Affirmative Action, Americans with Disabilities Act, COBRA, Veteran's Preference)
This is a core course in the Nonprofit Administration and Human Resource Generalist Certificate Programs.
Instructor: Jim Laumeyer (Fall Session)
Ken Buck (Spring Session)
What our participants said about this workshop:
- "Excellent workshop! I learned a lot of relevant information!"
- "Good speaker- love the way it relates real life experiences into the program."
- "Great program, held my attention all day."