Labor Management Relations Workshops
This workshop is designed for individuals in the human resource field who have responsibilities but have not received any formal training in Labor Management Relations. Whether you are in a union or non-union environment, you will benefit from the experience of this seasoned practitioner who has a wealth of experience in human resources, and labor management.
- Employment at Will
- Employment Laws
- Why employees join unions
- Techniques that management uses to prevent unionization
- Birth of a union: Union organization and selection processing
- Role of human resources and managing in a union setting
- Contract administration
- Encouraging employee/union involvement in decision-making
- Problem-solving methods: grievances, arbitration, negotiation, and interest-based bargaining.
- Role of the arbitrator
- Strikes, lockouts, slowdowns, picketing
- Basics of Labor Laws
You will learn how you can save money for your organization over time through attentive management practices, standardization, wise decision-making, and an ongoing communication policy.
This is a required workshop in the Human Resource Generalist Certificate Program.
Instructor: Beth Storaasli
What our participants said about this workshop:
- "Beth is a great addition to these courses. Her demeanor and experience speak for itself."
- "The labor negotiations role play was great!"