Students enrolled in the certificate program, both for credit and non-credit, are required to complete all 6 credits to receive their Mediation Certificate. To successfully complete this certificate for credit, students must earn a minimum GPA of 2.0 in each certificate course.
There are three required core courses:
- MEDI 241, Ethics & State Regulation of Mediation (1 credit)
- MEDI 472, Civil Law Mediation (2 credits)
- MEDI 471, Family Law Mediation (3 credits)
Certificate Learning Objectives:
- Demonstrate understanding of core theory and skills of mediation practices.
- Identify potential ethical issues and professional expectations for mediators.
- Demonstrate dispute resolution skills through applied practices.
- Identify strategies to improve the mediation process for individuals.