Basic Financial Management
Your organization's financial health depends upon sound financial management. This workshop will provide you with the financial tools you need to effectively manage your organization and attract funding. This workshop is designed for nonprofit managers and board members who have little or no formal background in financial management or accounting.Topics to be Covered Include:
- Proven guidelines for developing your budget
- How to present your budget to your board
- Using your budget to measure performance
- The vital distinction between direct and indirect costs
- How to read and understand financial statements
- Principles of good cash management & developing a reserve
- Long-range financial planning, including planning for major purchases and building an endowment fund
This is a core course in the Nonprofit Administration Certificate Program.
What our participants said about this workshop:
- "Great to have such passionate and competent trainers."
- "Beth and Karen made the financial picture very clear."
- "Wow! Great information and very good instructors."