Working with the Media Workshops
This workshop presents ideas and techniques for you to use when working with the media as part of an overall public relations plan for your organization. Participants will discuss: Who at your organization talks to the media? When is a good time of day to call an editor? Why didn't they print what you sent them? How can news of my organization lead the six o'clock news? When is an issue considered news?
Topics to be covered include:
- Writing a news release
- Holding a news conference
- Photographic opportunities
- The editing process
- Working with editors and advertising managers
- Crisis communications - how to prepare for bad news
This workshop will include a panel discussion with professionals representing various segments of the media.
Instructor: Duke Skorich
What our participants said about this workshop:
- "I loved the fact that the actual media panel was giving insights."
- "This is one of the best-if not the best-workshop I've been to."