Associate Degree at UW-Superior
UW-Superior offers all coursework for an Associate Degree online. This degree includes the complete general education program as well as elective courses. Completing an Associate Degree can be an accomplishment in itself, or a milestone in progress toward the Bachelor's Degree.
Associate Degree Requirements
1. Completion of 60 credit hours with a minimum GPA of 2.0
2. Completion of 24 credits from UW-Superior, including the last 12 credits
3. Completion of UW-Superior General Education Core Requirements:
4. Completion of the UW-Superior Diversity and Non-Western Requirements
5. Completion of UW-Superior Knowledge Categories:
Natural and Physical Sciences
Fine and Applied Arts
The Fine and Applied Arts Aesthetic Experience requirement must be
completed by one of the following courses: ART 101; COMM 125, 200,
273; MUSI 104-116, 118, 120-139; WRIT 251, 252, 253, or 350.
6. An additional three credits in the Natural Sciences - BIOL, CHEM, GEOL, or PHYS
7. An additional three credits in the Social Sciences - ANTH, ECON, POLS, SOCI, or PSYC
8. An additional four credits from any of the following disciplines: ANTH, Art History, BIOL, CHEM, CSCI, ECON, ENGL, Film/Theatre History and/or Appreciation, World Languages, GEOG, GEOL, HIST, FNS, MATH (except MATH 095 or 099), Music History and/or Appreciation, PHIL, PHYS, POLS, PSYC, SOCI, WST, or WRIT (except WRIT 099, 101, or 102).
9. At least two courses, excluding core requirements, in a single discipline