Entry Requirements

Admission Criteria

Online Learning Center admission follows the same comprehensive process used for other UW-Superior admissions categories. 

Students who have completed high school within the past five years must meet UW-Superior freshmen or transfer admission requirements, as appropriate. 

Applications by those more than five years beyond high school will be reviewed with greater consideration of non-academic factors.  These latter applicants are encouraged to use the application essay to explain special circumstances or personal changes since previous academic work, as well as plans to ensure success in the intended program.

International students may be admitted on an individual basis, and must meet the UW-Superior International Student admissions requirements.

Youth Options students must meet the UW-Superior Youth Options admissions requirements. 

Non-degree seeking students must meet the UW-Superior Special Students admissions requirements. 

  1. All applicants must complete the University of Wisconsin Online application at http://apply.wisconsin.edu and pay a $25 application fee as required. If you have applied to UW-Superior but have NOT submitted the application fee, please pay your $25 fee.
  2. Degree-seeking students must have official transcripts from all institutions previously attended sent to the Admissions Office, UW-Superior, PO Box 2000, Superior, WI 54880. You are required to have a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0 in previous college work.
  3. If you have earned 12 credits or less, you must have a) successfully completed English 101 and a math course at the level of Math 100 or above, or b) successfully have completed the Wisconsin Placement Tests for Math and English earning scores required for eligibility to register for 100-level English and math courses.
  4. Non-degree seeking students complete the University of Wisconsin Online Application at http://apply.wisconsin.edu, selecting Visitor/Guest Student at the Undergraduate Level. Special Student Applications do not require transcripts from previous institutions. You may enroll for any course for which you have met prerequisites except those in Teacher Education, which require admission to Teacher Education before enrollment.

Transferring previously earned credits

An official evaluation of credits will be made for each degree-seeking student. The transfer analysis will be based only on official transcripts received directly from the transfer institution, not from student copies.  The student who has a previous degree and is seeking elementary certification will not receive a transfer analysis but will receive a program plan including transfer credits from her or his advisor.

Transfer Information System (TIS) between UW and WITC institutions

The Transfer Information System (TIS) web site is intended to make the transfer process between the UW and WITC institutions as smooth and understandable as possible. Click on the link above to begin planning for your transfer credits.

  • Credits with a grade of D- or better earned at accredited college parallel programs, colleges, or universities will transfer except in freshman English, ENGL 101 and ENGL 102. Teacher Education majors must earn a C- in COMM 110 or its equivalent and MATH 102 or its equivalent.  A student must transfer in a B- or higher in TED 200 in order to be eligible for admission into Elementary Education Program.
  • Associate degrees: The student who has an associate degree from any of the 2-year or 4-year UW System institutions have the general education requirements satisfied in their entirety. All other associate degree transcripts will be individually analyzed to determine if they meet all or part of UW-Superior's general education requirements. Exceptions: associate of arts or science degree (which includes specific courses) at those campuses with which UW-Superior has articulation agreements.
  • Two-year colleges: A maximum of 72 semester credits may be transferred to UW-Superior from one or more two-year institutions.
  • Wisconsin Technical Colleges: Certain general education courses taken through the Wisconsin Technical College System that have been approved by UW-Superior may be eligible for transfer. The student who has completed an associate degree from a technical college that includes programs for which UW-Superior and the technical college have signed an articulation agreement will be awarded credit under that agreement. The student may also request further evaluation of individual technical college course credits through the Petition for Technical College Credit.