UW-Superior students may choose to move off-campus once they have completed their housing requirement, or choose to live at home if they are from the area. Moving off-campus for the first time may be jarring; the best way to stay connected to your academics and the institution is to stay involved on campus. Please know we are here to help!
Campus programming, services, and resources are readily available to off-campus students just as they are to on-campus students. The only difference is that off-campus students may need to take an extra step to seek out assistance.
Here are some common resources that will help.
- Duluth Transit Authority: UWS is a member of the U-PASS Program which means currently enrolled students get FREE rides anytime, anywhere in the Twin Ports with your UWS ID
- Parking Services: If you are going to drive to classes, don't forget to purchase a parking pass.
- Academic Help: All students at UWS have access to academic help in a variety of forms. Tutoring, advising, writing help, buying books, and adding/dropping classes to name just a few.
- Involvement: Getting involved isn't only for the res hall students. Getting involved is the best way to make the most of your college experience.
- Office of Multicultural Affairs: OMA supports students as they navigate the UWS system.
- Yellowjacket Union: Not only is the YU the hub of activity on campus, it is also a great place to use as a homebase during the day. Student can use Jacket Cash, to eat between classes at one of our three dining venues and hang out in one of the varied spaces in the building. The YU is your on-campus living room!
- Transfer Students: Our First Year Experience Office isn't just for first time students.
- City of Superior: As an off-campus student you are not only a member of the UWS community, but also the Superior community.
- Wellness: We want all our students to be well and lead balanced lives. Through Campus Recreation and Student Health & Counseling Services UWS students in staying active and well.
- When all else fails:The Dean of Students Office is here to be a place for student advocacy and resources, come see us!