The University of Wisconsin-Superior maintains a master file of Material Safety Data Sheets, or MSDS's, for most chemicals and products on campus. The master file is located in the Public Safety Building and maintained by the Environmental Health and Safety Program.
If you receive a MSDS, make a copy for your files and send the original to the EH & S Office. The original MSDS must be archived by UW-Superior for a minimum of 30 years.
Copies of material safety data sheets will be readily available to individuals where the product is used. The MSDS's can be kept in a specially marked book or file, or on a shared drive at the point of use. This collection should be available to the student or employee at all times.
If a MSDS is not available where the product is in use, you may request a copy from the Environmental Health and Safety Office at UW-Superior.
More about MSDS's
Large Databases of Material Safety Data Sheets
Laboratory Product Vendor MSDS Sites
- Alconox Products
- EMD Millipore
- Fisher Scientific Use Product Catalog
- Hach Chemical
- Mallinkrodt JT Baker Chemicals
- LaMotte Company
- SigmaAldrich Co.'s (includes Sigma, Aldrich, Fluka, Supelco, Riedel-de Haen)
- VWR Scientific (use product catalog)
- Blick products
- Daniel Smith products, select the product first
- Gamblin, select the product first
- Golden Artist Colors
- Grumbacher, select the product first
- NewellRubbermaid Art Products, includes Sanford, Expo, Sharpie, Parker, etc.
- Reeves Art Products
- Prang Paints
- Winsor Newton
Other Vendor MSDS Sites
- Air Liquide
- Benjamin Moore Products
- DAP, Inc.
- Diversey (S C Johnson Professional Products)
- Dow Corning Products
- Kodak products
- Elmer's Products
- Energizer Batteries
- Hewlett Packard MSDSs
- Matheson Gas Products
- PPG Architectural Finishes (PPG, Pittsburg, Lucite, Olympic)
- Ray-O-Vac Batteries
- Simple Green Household Products
- Spartan Chemical
- Sunnyside Corporation
- 3M Products
- W. W. Grainger (search on product)
- Xerox Products