The UW Superior Emergency Response Plan, supported by the annexes, provides general guidance for responding to small and large scale emergencies at the University of Wisconsin-Superior.
Key Components of the Plan include:
- Definitions of Emergency Levels and Plan Activation
- Overview of Emergency Response Actions
- How the campus meets Homeland Security requirements
- Overview of Emergency Response Plan Activation
- Emergency Response Team
- Expectations of All Employees
The Plan serves as a policy statement about emergency response and as a guidance document for preplanning for emergencies and educating the campus community about response procedures, but it is too descriptive to be used as the emergency unfolds. As the emergency is in progress, short concise guidelines, resource materials, a standardized response organization and good communication are the best response "tools" that can be used. These "tools" are found in the annexes of the Plan, some of which contain sensitive material and are not made available as public documents.