Do international students need to have proof of support from family or as a sponsor if they are awarded a scholarship?

Yes, UW-Superior is pleased to offer financial aid to international students, but the University does not offer scholarships that cover all expenses. Students must prove one year of financial support and project financial support for the rest of their education. U.S. law requires that the University has this proof of financial support before issuing the Form I-20 Certificate of Eligibility, with students need to apply for a US student visa. Students must also prove financial support to the U.S. Consulate when applying for the student visa.