'Jacket Internship Financial Assistance (JIFA) FAQs
'Jacket Internship Financial Assistance (JIFA)
That’s okay, but because internships fall under the umbrella of student employment we will need to make sure that they do not exceed 25 hours per week between their on-campus job and off-campus internship combined.
No! Career Services and your advisor can help you with this process.
Unfortunately, on-campus internships are not eligible (however, if they are interning for an outside employer who happens to be on campus they would qualify)
- Apply at uwsuper.edu/career
- Receive application confirmation email from Career Services (this can take up to 2 weeks)
- If eligible, Career Services will prompt you to make an appointment
JIFA provides funding for eligible students who are interested in an internship opportunity.
- If eligible, they will get paid for an otherwise unpaid internship
- Builds connections with employers
- Experiential learning experience
- $10 per hour
- Students can get paid up to 135 hours
- Enrolled as a degree-seeking junior or senior in good academic standing
- Registered for internship credit during the term of your internship
- Have a FAFSA on file and demonstrate financial need, as determined by the Financial Aid Office