Phones and Voicemail FAQs
Phones and Voicemail
- Press Voicemail Button
- Enter current PIN number followed by #
- Option 4
- Option 3
- Option 1
- Follow the prompts
For (715) numbers: Dial 9 + the 10 digit number: example: 9-715-000-0000.
For other area codes: Dial 9+1+10 digit number: example: 9-1-218-000-0000.
For calling a UW-Superior number, you may just dial the extension.
From On Campus
- Push Voicemail Button (if you do this with the receiver down it will turn on the speaker phone)
- Enter your 10 Digit PIN # followed by the # Key
- Your New Voicemail’s will play automatically
- Follow prompts to delete or save messages
- After messages are played you will be taken to the main Voicemail Menu
- From the Main Menu you can follow prompts to send or review messages or enter Voicemail Setup.
- 0 will bring you to the help menu
- The * Key will exit Voicemail.
From Off Campus
- From off campus phone dial 715-394-8000 or 715-394-8100
- Immediately after system answers enter the * (star) key
- You will then be prompted for your user id followed by # this must be the full number including 1 example 1715394XXXX#
- Immediately enter your 10 digit pin followed by # The voicemail menu will then play your options. Please follow the prompts.
- BEFORE you start this setup process you need to think of a 10 digit PIN#
- Push voice mail button
- When prompted enter the default PIN # 78283942014
- Follow prompts to record your NAME
- Once you are satisfied with your recorded name press the # Key
- Follow prompts to record your Voicemail Greeting
- Once you are satisfied with your Voicemail Greeting press the # Key
- The voice mail system will then ask you to change your PIN #, your new PIN # needs to be a minimum of 10 digits
- Press the speaker button to end voicemail setup
- Your Voicemail setup is now complete.
If you have any questions about this process, please contact the Technology Services Helpdesk.
- Police, Fire, Ambulance – Dial 911
- Once 911 has been dialed, the building name, office number and the name of the person associated with the phone will be relayed to the 911 dispatch center
- Non-Emergency and campus assistance, please call campus safety at 715-394-8114 . Officers are on duty and calls are answered 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Police, Fire, Ambulance – Dial 911
Yes, lines can be removed at any time lowering your annual telephone charge by $110.00 per line removed. Any disconnected lines will be put back into a pool of available lines and reused. If your department would like to keep a number that is not in service they may do so, however, you will still be billed for the line on an annual basis.
Yes, additional lines can be added at any time. When adding a line you will need to purchase a telephone from Technology Services and your annual bill will increase by $110.00 per line added.
- With a call on the line, select the Confrn (Conference) soft key.
- Dial the person you want to add to the conference with any additional digits (9-1-area code). If the third party does not answer or does not wish to join, select the EndCall soft key, then the Resume soft key.
- Announce the conference to the new party.
- Select the Confrn soft key again. All lines will be in conference.
- To add another party, repeat the steps above.
Removing Yourself from an Ad-Hoc Conference:
Hang up or press the EndCall soft key.
Yes, international calls are any country outside of the 50 United States. Each country has a different calling cost. These calls will be restricted and will require this feature to be activated on the phone line. Billing for international calls will be accounted for each month and applied to the extension and associated cost center.
Yes, all calls within the US 50 States will be free of charge.
- Log into your Voice mailbox.
- Press 4 1.
- Press 3.
- Choose one of the following greetings:
- 1 Standard greeting
- 2 Closed (after hours) greeting
- 3 Alternate greeting
- 4 Busy (when on another call) greeting
- 5 Internal greeting
- 6 Holiday greeting
- You will hear the greeting.
- 1 Re-records the greeting
- 2 Turns on the Standard greeting
- 3 Turns on the greeting you just heard
- Press * to exit.
No, all calls will be free local or long distance. International rates will still apply.