What guidance can you give to transfer students?

Make every effort to apply for and seek guidance about transfer credits as early as possible and definitely prior to enrollment at UW-Superior.

Application for transfer credits is made by submitting official and certified transcripts, credentials, mark sheets, or examination results, directly from the institution to UW-Superior.

Transfer credit evaluation may require submission of course syllabi (official explanation of course content) from the institution.

Applicants should not count on all courses qualifying for transfer credit.

Transfer credit will be given only for those courses that are identical or similar to the courses offered at UW-Superior.

A large number of transfer credits DOES NOT necessarily mean a student will complete a degree in a shorter length of time. Credits may transfer but not meet the requirements for the degree at UW-Superior.

The U.S. Undergraduate Degree usually entails a period of approximately two years of study in many diverse subjects. This period of study is called the "general education requirements" or the "core curriculum".

Completion of the general education requirements or core curriculum is followed by another period of study of approximately two years duration, in the major. Completing two years of coursework at an institution/university outside of the United States does not mean that you can complete a U.S. undergraduate degree in two additional years. In order to fulfill all requirements for the major, even students with many transfer credits may have to study three years to complete their U.S. Undergraduate Degree.