What if I get a Lawyer?

If you hire an attorney in a disputed case, you can be charged only up to 20 percent of the amount the attorney obtains for you. You will also have to pay for your attorney's costs. The fees and costs will be deducted from your payments. Your county bar association may be able to recommend an attorney who is experienced in worker's compensation.