What if my 1098-T has the incorrect social security number on it?

The single most important information on the form is your Social Security Number. You must submit a written request to change or correct your SSN by mail or in person to the Registrar's Office. You may be required to supply a signed, legible copy of your Social Security card or complete Form W-9S (Request for Student's or Borrower's Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification). Form W-9S is the official IRS form used to state your SSN. You need only complete Part I of this form when requesting a 1098-T. Enter your SSN in the spaces marked "Taxpayer identification number."