What is a course substitution and how can I use it to transfer a course?

If you have earned credit for a course at another institution or at UW-Superior and you believe the course could meet a requirement in your major, minor, or a general education requirement, you may request a course substitution. The process for this request is as follows:

  1. Obtain a course syllabus and/or course description from the institution where you earned the course
  2. Consult with your advisor and the department chair from the granting department
  3. If it is agreed that the course can be used in substitution, fill out the Course Substitution/Course-Equivalent Form
  4. Obtain your advisor's signature and the signature of the department chair for the department that will be granting the substitution
  5. Submit the form to the Registrar's Office for processing

Your advisor can assist you in completing these steps and answer any questions that you may have about the process.