What kind of cables do I need to connect, and where can I purchase them?

You will need a Cat5e Ethernet cable to hook up your computer to the residence hall network. A Cat5e cable is NOT the same as a phone cable. A phone line will typically have four wire leads on each end of the plug, and the plug will be a little less than 3/8" wide. A Cat5e Ethernet cable has eight wire leads, and the plug is a little less than ½" wide. These cables can be pretty much purchased anywhere. We do sell a limited quantity of 5' and 10' cables at the beginning of the school year.