Why was I charged non-resident fees on my bill?

This is because of reciprocity - which enables Minnesota residents attending UW-Superior to pay the same tuition rate they would pay at a similar state institution in Minnesota. It is the student's responsibility to apply for reciprocity. Reciprocity is not automatic. The state of Minnesota grants reciprocity on the basis of the application provided by the student. Students must apply online at the Minnesota Office of Higher Education. Those who do not apply, apply late and/or not approved will be required to pay non-resident rates.