Wisconsin's Public Liberal Arts College

Applying for Aid

Financial Aid Office

University of Wisconsin-Superior

Old Main 110
Belknap and Catlin
P.O. Box 2000
Superior, WI 54880

ph. 715-394-8200

fax. 715-394-8027

Follow Us at facebook.com

Financial Aid Office

Applying for Aid

General eligibility requirements for most types of federal financial aid:

  • Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment at UW-Superior at least half-time as a regular student working toward a degree or certificate
  • Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
     (International students may qualify for some aid)
  • Possess a valid Social Security Number
  • Agree to use federal student aid for educational purposes only
  • Not be in default on any federal student loans or owe money back to any federal student aid programs
  • Register with Selective Service, if required
  • Meet UW-Superior's standards for Satisfactory Academic Progress

To apply for financial aid:

  1. File a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).  A new FAFSA must be completed for each academic year. 
  2. Be sure that you list UW-Superior as one of your college choices. The UW-Superior Title IV School Code is 003925.
  3. File your FAFSA as soon as possible after January 1. UW-Superior's priority filing date is March 15. Students whose applications are processed and completed by this date will receive the best financial aid package available to them. In order to have your application processed and completed by this date, we recommend that you file your FAFSA for the upcoming academic year by February 15.
  4. If you are a transfer student, and have already filed the FAFSA for the current academic year, you do not need to file again. Instead, go to FAFSA, and select "Add or delete a school code".  Add UW-Superior's school code; it is 003925. Your financial aid will not automatically transfer from one school to the next.

At least thirty percent of all students will be selected for verification. We are required to verify the accuracy of the information you provided on your FAFSA. If you are selected for verification, you will receive a letter or email to your UWS email account from us requesting:

  • Dependent or Independent Verification Worksheets 
  • Prior year federal tax transcript (student and spouse if independent, student and parent if dependent) which can be acquired by visiting the I.R.S website or by calling 800-908-9946. 

Additional information may be required and will be requested via email.  Please check your UWSUPER email account regularly.

Summer College:  In addition to the instructions above, there is a Summer College Financial Aid application that must be submitted.  The summer aid application, FAFSA results, and other required documents, must be received by the Financial Aid office no later than the deadline indicated on the form. Aid is awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis, and can depend on the aid you have already received for the current academic year. The deadline date for processing aid for Summer College 2015 is May 15, 2015.  The form is available in our office and on the website.

Study abroad: 
In addition to the instructions above, fill out a Study Abroad Financial Aid Revision form, available from the Office of International Programs.

Computer Purchase:  You may request your budget to be expanded for the cost of a computer by submitting an Administrative Request form. Generally, it will only be filled with additional loan money, if you are eligible.  You may do this only one time during your career at UW-Superior.

Consortium Agreement:  to be used if you plan to take a course at another institution because it is not offered here and is required for your degree.

Back to Top