The Community Memorial Hospital Auxiliary offers a Hospital Career scholarship open to any male or female having met the following requirements:
- Be a graduate of a Carlton County high school, or have resided in Carlton County for at least two years.
- Attend an accredited post secondary institution or program.
- Have completed first year of post high school education in a hospital related career, or, shall have been employed in the Cloquet Community Memorial Hospital or Nursing Home for at least one year.
- Show need for financial assistance.
- Answer all questions on the application.
The Scholarship Selection Committee will consist of the Director of Nurses of the Community Memorial Hospital; one citizen from the community appointed by the Scholarship Chair; and three members of the Hospital Auxiliary Board. Selection of scholars shall be made on the basis of need, character, and scholastic ability. The scholarship will be for one year with the privilege of the recipient reapplying the following year.
The number of scholarships and amount to be awarded shall be determined by the Hospital Auxiliary Board. The award will be paid directly to the student for tuition. The scholarship must be used within the year the grant is given. The Auxiliary Board reserves the right to accept or reject all applications.
Applications are available in the UW-Superior financial aid office. The application must be filed with the committee by May 30. Recipients will be notified by June 30.