The following are links to online resources that may be helpful in the financial aid process:
- U.S. Department of Education Student Guide to Financial Aid.
- Student Aid on the Web is your source for free information from the U.S. Department of Education on preparing for and funding education beyond high school.
- Student and parent information from the National Association for Student Financial Aid Administrators.
- FinAid: The SmartStudent Guide to Financial Aid.
- EdVest is Wisconsin's state sponsored college savings program.
- Wisconsin's Higher Educational Aids Board provides information on financial aid programs for Wisconsin residents.
Some sites are specifically for secondary students learning about going to college:
- If you are a first time borrower under the Direct Loan program, you must complete an electronic Master Promissory Note
- If you are a first time borrower under the Direct Loan program, you must complete Loan Entrance Counseling
- PLUS Loan Master Promissory Note for parents of a dependent student taking a Parent PLUS loan.
- Direct Loans may be serviced by one of eight service centers. It is the goal of the Department of Education that all of your Direct Loans will have the same servicer. To find out who is servicing your loan(s), please log onto the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) and view the individual loan(s). Each will list the servicer with their customer service contact information. Customer Service Centers include Direct Loan Servicing, Great Lakes, Nelnet, Fedloan (PHEAA), Sallie Mae, CornerStone, ESA/Edfinancial, and MOHELA.
- You may view your federal student loan history on the National Student Loan Data System
- When you leave UW-Superior, you will need to complete exit counseling for your Direct Loans
- Loan consolidation
- Americorps - register for Americorps payments online
- Bureau of Indian Affairs - helping Native Americans explore financial aid programs
- Internal Revenue Service - information regarding higher education tax incentives
- NASFAA Tax Benefit Guide