Grants for Undergraduate Students

Grants for Undergraduate Students

A grant is a cash award based on financial need that you do not need to repay.  Eligibility requirements listed are not exhaustive.


Who's eligible?

How do I apply?

Other info

Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) grant

Students of Native American heritage

FAFSA* and Indian Scholarship application

Information available through BIA or your tribe

Indian Student Assistance grant

WI residents of Native American heritage

FAFSA* and Student Assistance Grant Application

Up to $1100

Iraq and Afghanistan Service grant (or zero EFC determination)

Children of military personnel killed in Iraq or Afghanistan after 9/11/01.  Must have been less than 24 years old at time of parent's death or enrolled at least part-time at an institution of higher education.


If you are eligible to receive a Pell grant, it will be determined that you have a zero EFC for all federal aid programs.
If you are not eligible to receive a Pell grant, you will be eligible for this grant in the same amount as a maximum Pell grant, not to exceed the cost of attendance.

Lawton Undergraduate Retention Grant (LUMRG)

Full-time, minority residents of WI who have completed 24 credits


Based on financial need; limited funds.  You are required to apply for this grant every year.

MN Tuition Reciprocity

MN residents

MN Office of Higher Education

Reduces out of state tuition

Non-resident Tuition Waiver (NTW)

  Students outside WI or MN attending UW-Superior

NTW application

Limited funds available; reduces non-resident tuition

Pell grant

High need students seeking first bachelor's degree


Up to $2908 per semester, limited to 12 full time semesters.  The Pell Grant is awarded according to EFC and enrollment status.

Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG)

 High need students


Varying amounts to $700 SEOG is awarded on a first come, first serve basis; limited funds.

Talent Incentive Program (TIP)

WI residents who are minorities or first-generation university students with extreme financial need. 

FAFSA* and TIP application

TIP application available from high school counselor. Must be nominated as a freshman; limited to 10 semesters. Varying amounts up to $1800.  More info available at HEAB

Tuition Assistance Grant (TAG)

WI undergraduate residents with financial need.


Must be seeking their first bachelor's degree and enrolled at least 1/2 time.

WI Grant

WI undergraduate residents


Based on financial need; limit of 10 semesters

*Only one FAFSA needs to be filed for each academic year.