Native American Scholarship Fund
The Native American Scholarship fund will provide a $1000 scholarship that will go toward assisting an Native American UW-Superior student to complete their education.
Nationally, of the Native students that do go to college, only 3% graduate, with finances one of the biggest reasons for dropping out. UW-Superior maintains the highest percentage and highest retention rate of Native American students of any UW System school. This year we graduated 18 Native students! These types of programs indicate our effectiveness in recruiting and retaining Native American students.
With a click of a button you can help make UW-Superior Native American students' dreams of completing their undergraduate degrees a reality! Below are three easy ways to donate to the Native American Scholarship fund.
If you are a UW-Superior Native American student and would like to apply for the Native American Scholarship these are the procedures to take:
- Fill out Scholarship application form
- Complete an essay that addresses the criteria and send to the Director of the First Nations Center. Email email@example.com or mail/drop off at Swenson Hall 3104.
- Materials much be received by June 17.
- Scholarship will be presented at Johnson Open Golf tournament at Nemadji Golf Course.
These are the priorities that should be addressed in your essay.
- Native Student at least ½ time
- Junior or Senior preferred
- How your education will benefit Native people
- Financial need
- Activity in on-campus Native Events
- Member of Circle of Native Nations
For all other information about donating to the Native American Scholarship fund, just click on the Donation Scholarship Information button and you will be directed to the UW-Superior Foundation's page for complete information.