What is a Living-Learning Community (LLC)?
At UW-Superior, a Living-Learning Community (LLC) is a select group of students who live together in a residence hall, share a common interest (in this case Career & Major Exploration), participate in two common courses and have access to special resources and activities.This approach integrates in and out of classroom learning and helps lay the foundation for students' success in college.
Why Should I Sign-Up For This?
As a member of the Living-Learning Community, you'll have the chance to really get to know your instructors and develop strong friendships with your fellow students. LLC members will have access to reserved space in one of two required General Education Writing courses (Writing 101 or 102) as well as a 1 credit course designed to help with career and major exploration.
Eligibility for Fall 2015
In order to be admitted into the Exploration Living-Learning Community, students must:
- have placement/ACT scores placing them into Writing 101 or Writing 102
- new freshmen status
- live in the Curran-McNeill-Ostrander (CMO) residence hall (*exemptions may apply, see below for details)
- an interest in exploring majors and/or career opportunities and preparation
OK, I'm Intrigued, How Do I Sign-Up?
- Register here for the Exploration Living-Learning Community
- Sign up for your residence hall room through Live@UWS at uwsuper.edu/reslife
Living in Curran-McNeill-Ostrander (CMO) is a requirement (Veteran and Nontraditional students may request exemption from the requirement of living on campus)
- Check your UW-Superior email for confirmation and further information
Veteran and Nontraditional students may request an exemption from the on-campus living component of the LLC. All other participants are required to live on campus in CMO hall. Exemption requests can be submitted to email@example.com
We look forward to your participation in our Exploration Living-Learning Community! If you have questions or want further information, contact First Year Experience at firstname.lastname@example.org or call(715)394-8230