At UW-Superior, our Peer Mentors are experienced upperclassmen who provide information, support, and encouragement to our new students. Peer Mentor work with the First Year Seminar courses which are required of all students coming in with fewer than 21 credits.
Peer Mentors can assist with:
- Improving study skills
- Learning to network with peers, faculty and administration
- Referring people to appropriate UW-Superior and community resources
- Improving communication skills
- Deciding when and how to communicate with professors
- Strengthening time management skills
- Strengthening academic skills in general
See what some of our students have said about their Peer Mentor
"I have somebody who I can relate to and who can explain stuff to me in a way I understand."
"She has helped me learn to better manage my time and develop connections with other freshman students. As a result of the program I have a better understanding of the curriculum at UWS. It's a greater experience than I have ever had before."
"My mentor made this semester a better experience!"
"She is someone who understands what I'm going through and is actually in one of my classes."