Financial Need Scholarships

To qualify for these scholarships, you must fill out a FAFSA each year and be determined as having financial need.

Bernice C. Anderson Scholarship. For a student showing financial need. Incoming freshmen must be in the second quartile of their high school graduation class. Returning students must have at least a 2.5 GPA.

Melinda Boswell Scholarship. For a student in good standing and who has earned at least half the credits required for completion of their degree. Greatest consideration will be given to educational merit, post-graduation goals and financial need, respectively. This scholarship is awarded every other year.

Hans Bredahl Scholarship. For a full-time student with a minimum GPA of 3.0 majoring in any area and exhibiting financial need.

Donald and Laura Carroll Scholarship. For full-time undergraduate students who show financial need and serve as student assistants to the program areas in which they are majoring, working no less than ten and no more than twenty hours a week during each semester. Entering students must be in the top third of their high school graduating class. Returning students must have at least a 2.75 GPA to remain eligible.

Agnes Dahl Memorial Scholarship. A scholarship for financially needy students whose academic credentials place them in the "B" or "C" category.

Harold P. and Mary Jean Hanson Scholarship. For a student from Superior, WI with a GPA of 3.0 or greater, who has financial need.

Kremer-Camp Horseshoe Scholarship. A long term loan for a graduate of Northwoods High School, Minong, Wisconsin, to be returned to the UW-Superior Foundation at the discretion of the recipient.

Paul Meadows Memorial Scholarship. For a student with a 3.0 GPA or higher and in financial need.

Spirit Scholarship. Funded by UW-Superior faculty and staff for undergraduate students with financial need.


Current students: Each winter, you will receive notification to your UW-Superior email account when it is time to apply for Foundation scholarships. Applications are typically due in early March and scholarships are awarded for the following academic year, beginning with the fall semester.

Incoming freshmen and transfer students: Your application to the university is also your scholarship application. You will be notified by mail and email if you have been awarded a Foundation scholarship.