International Admissions Requirements
Qualified international students are welcome to enroll in graduate degree programs at UW-Superior. NOTE: International students who intend to enroll in a UW-Superior graduate program in F-1 student status are eligible to apply for the Art Therapy graduate program only. To be admitted, the following information must be submitted to the Graduate Studies Office:
1. Completed on online Graduate Studies Application for Admission form at http://apply.wisconsin.edu. Remit the non-refundable application fee.
2. Submit official copies with literal English translation of academic credentials (grade reports, transcripts or mark sheets) from secondary school (high school) and any post secondary (college, university, institute) coursework.
3. A statement or certificate indicating English language proficiency. A score of 550 (paper-based), 81 (internet-based) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is recommended. Any deviation from these standards must be approved in advance by the appropriate program coordinator and the Associate Dean of Graduate Studies.
4. Complete and submit the Financial Verification Form with supporting bank or sponsorship-related documentation. Students who are seeking a Form I-20, the document necessary to apply for an F-1 student visa or to transfer from another U.S. institution in F-1 status, are required to provide proof of funding for at least one year of study. The university issues Form I-20's to students who have been admitted and submitted the appropriate documentation.
5. International graduate students may be awarded a partial nonresident tuition waiver. Please click the following links for more information regarding nonresident tuition waivers and estimated costs for Graduate students who receive a NTW award.
6. All required documents for admission must be on file with the Graduate Studies Office by April 1 for the fall semester, by September 1 for the Spring semester, and by February 1 for the summer session.