Employee Assistance Program
Your health and well-being are important to University of Wisconsin Superior. Your EAP benefit includes a comprehensive array of counseling and web services that can be accessed 24/7.We hope you will take full advantage of them.
All of the EAP services are completely confidential, and can be utilized by you and any member of your family,including spouse or significant other, children (regardless of age or location), and even extended family members, if their personal concern is impacting you or your work. As your employer, we will not know who uses the services, when, or for what reasons.
Counseling &Coaching Services Helping You Face Work and Life Challenges
VITAL WorkLife's free counseling and coaching services are provided by master's- and doctorate-level licensed professionals. They encourage face-to-face sessions, but also conduct counseling sessions by phone. They'll do whatever is most comfortable and convenient for you.
They can help with a wide variety of issues, including but not limited to:
- Marital and relationship problems
- Depression, stress and anxiety reduction
- Drug and alcohol abuse
- Parenting and child concerns
- Grief and loss
- Interpersonal conflict—at work or home
- Legal and financial problems
Getting help is as easy as picking up the phone. Just call 1-800-383-1908.
When you call, one of their trained staff will take basic information from you, including your name and employer, and then will connect you with an EAP Consultant, who will talk with you and assess your needs.
Once that assessment is complete you'll be offered an appointment for a meeting with appropriate counseling staff at a time and place convenient for you. You decide whether you prefer face-to-face or telephone sessions.
If it turns out that you need help beyond the services they provide, their counselors will work with you to find appropriate resources in your community and who are part of your health plan's network, where necessary.
Comprehensive Web Resources
Online Tools For Healthy and Productive Living
Daily life can be complex in all its facets. That's why VITAL WorkLife provides a robust website where you can go 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for help with everything from child and eldercare concerns, to finding good pet care or a good contractor, to dealing with health and relationship issues, achieving emotional well-being and more.
When you log onto www.VitalWorkLife.com, you'll find:
- Articles & "Best of Web" Resources: More than 5,000 articles and researched, reliable information and resources on a wide variety of topics.
- Skill Builders & Audio Files: Online e-courses, or "Skill Builders," and audio seminars are available 24/7 so you can learn at your own pace and convenience.
- Monthly Webinars: Live and archived online courses on a wide variety of topics. Space availability for live sessions is on a first-come, first-serve basis so register early for any course you'd like to attend.
- Calculators: Convenient tools for determining everything from how much house or car you can afford to how much you'll need for retirement.
- Checklists & Glossaries: You can assess yourself and family members on a range of issues using the checklists and glossaries provided.
Accessing Your Online EAP Benefit
All you need to do to get started is follow these three easy steps:
That's all there is to it. From there, you can learn more about all aspects of your EAP benefit, and access your online work and life and legal information benefits, as well.Questions?Call 1-800-383-1908 for immediate assistance.
VITAL WorkLife Is There to Help You
Improve Your Life
If you or a family member is facing a challenge, we encourage you to call before the problem gets too large. VITAL WorkLife's free, confidential services are available around the clock. Please don't hesitate to call 1-800-383-1908 with any questions or concerns you may have.