The Buzz 75:
75 Things To Do Before You Graduate
Your campus experience should be an adventure! Explore all that UW-Superior and the Twin Ports have to offer, from campus life to local favorites. Accomplish 40? Earn an exclusive "Buzz 75" t-shirt! What will you check off first?! Do you use Instagram? Use our hashtag #Buzz75 to share your pictures.
$ - cost/fee associated
SA - Superior Adventures trip
- Get your photo taken with Buzz.
- Check out YAC's monthly Open Mic Night in the YU.
- Climb UW-Superior's own Mt. Everest, the climbing wall in MWC.
- Rock on or laugh out loud at a YAC concert or comedian.
- Cheer on the Yellowjackets at any home athletic event.
- Attend one of the many Music Department concerts. $
- Try a Group X fitness class or use the facilities at the MWC.
- Have a cup of coffee or tea at the Gender Equity Center.
- Have a peer consultant review your paper in the Writing Center.
- Join one UW-Superior's 60+ organizations.
- Visit the Veteran & Nontraditional Student Center.
- Check out a student art exhibit in Holden's two galleries.
- Check out Career Services and have them review your resume.
- View for a coveted Intramural Champion t-shirt by participating in a sports block. $
- Represent your residence hall floor at an RHA meeting.
- Study in front of the fireplace at Jim Dan Hill Library
- Learn about a different culture by attending one of the Office of Multicultural Affair's many cultural awareness programs.
- Go to any University Theatre play.
- Meet the Chancellor of UW-Superior.
- Converse with the Dean of Students.
- Attend a Student Involvement leadership event.
- Dress in UW-Superior apparel or school colors on Spirit Fridays.
- Check out Yellowjacket gear at the Jacket Book & Supply.
- Grab lunch or coffee at the many different dining choices we have in the YU with Caribou Coffee, Mondo Subs, Brick Oven Grill or the cafeteria.
- Take a trip with Superior Adventures. $ SA
- Take a nap in one of the new sleep pods located in the MWC.
- Participate in Jacket Racket on homecoming weekend.
- Celebrate global cuisine, fashion and culture at WSA's annual Cultural Night. $
- Take in African and African-American culture at BSU's Soul Food Dinner.
- Experience the "Season of Song" at the annual Christmas choir concert at Christ the King Cathedral. $
- Participate in a Native American cultural experience at the annual CNN Pow Wow.
- Attend an Alliance Drag Show. $
- Volunteer at Friends & Family Weekend.
- Save three lives by donating at a campus Blood Drive.
- Vote for your student leaders in an SGA election.
- Experience science in a fun and unique way at Students of Science's annual Science Night.
- Take a dip or a dive into Lake Superior. (Bonus points if its cold weather)
- Enjoy a scenic walk or bike ride along Superior's Osaugi Trail.
- Enjoy a winter day skiing, snowboarding or tubing at Spirit Mountain. $
- Stop and smell the roses at Leif Erickson Park's rose garden.
- Tour Bentleyville the city of lights or volunteer!
- Brave the cold and watch the City of the North Parade.
- Get spooked on the William A. Irvin Haunted Ship tour. $
- Participate in a local 5K run/walk, Polar Plunge or any other charitable activity. $
- Watch the ships come into the Duluth Harbor.
- Enjoy the panoramic view at Enger Tower.
- Attend a local threatre production, improve, comedy show ect. $
- Ride the DTA bus for free with your student ID.
- Tour the historic beauty of Fairlawn or Glensheen Mansion. $
- Try a gourmet pizza at Thirsty Pagan, one of Superior's favorites. (21+ only) $
- Catch a flick at the Zeitgeist Arts Center. $
- Eat a hearty breakfast at The Kitchen restaurant. $
- Enjoy a burger at the Anchor Bar & Grille, featured on Food Network's Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. (21+only) $
- Study in the relaxing Red Mug Coffeehouse. $
- Volunteer at any numerous place in the area.
- Ride the Vista Fleet Cruise on Lake Superior. $
- Buy a sweet treat at Dozen Excuses! $
- Try roller-skating at World of Wheels. $
- Visit the Hartley Nature Center.
- Try out summer activities at Spirit Mountain like the alpine coaster, mini golf and many more. $
- Want to see animals?! Check out the Lake Superior Zoo. $
- Take a stroll along Canal Park Lake Walk.
- Ride the trains at Duluth Depot. $
- Visit the Richard I. Bong World War II Heritage Center.
- Get a group together bowling at Landmark Lanes. $
- Play like a kid again at Adventure Zone. $
Outside City Limits
- Watch birds migrate south before the snow falls at Hawk Ridge/Seven Bridges Road.
- Behold the rainbow of fall colors at Pattison Park. $ SA
- Explore the Amnicon Falls State Park. $ SA
- Gaze out at Lake Superior from the top of Split Rock Lighthouse! $
- Trek to Two Harbors to see Gooseberry Falls. $ SA
- Visit Bayfield and participate in one of many festivals throughout the year.
- Want history? Visit Tom's Logging Cabin. $
- North Shore hike with a stop at Betty's Pies. $ SA
- And finally…CREATE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE*!
*Create your own adventure option: You may opt to substitute up to three UW-Superior bucket list items with a UW-Superior campus or Twin Ports challenge of your choice, as long as it is legal/ethical.
Complete 40 items on this list and bring your pictures, ticket stubs etc. to Student Involvement (YU 155) for an exclusive "Buzz 75" t-shirt!
The Buzz 75 FAQs
- How should I be tracking items and sharing my progress with Student Involvement?
We encourage you to keep evidence of your adventures in the form of photos, ticket stubs, receipts etc. Consider keeping a photo album on Facebook, Flickr or using #Buzz75. When you finish 40, you can share your photos and evidence with us to earn your t-shirt.
Please consider sharing your photos on the Involvement Facebook page to help promote the list and show UW-Superior students having fun!
- What if I have already done a lot of these things on the list?
Awesome, we hope that you have! To earn your t-shirt, we would still like for you to have evidence of the items on the list to be fair for everyone. You are welcome to repeat an item again and take some friends with, so that they can check it off too!
- Can we do items in groups/make events out of it?
Of course! The list is meant to be something fun to do with others. Many of the items would make a great residence hall floor program, student organization outing or fun activity with friends.
- I have another question about The Buzz 75 that isn't answered here.
Feel free to contact Student Involvement staff.