Who Qualifies? Who Can Apply?
Students from UW-Superior, the University of Minnesota Duluth, and Northland College are all eligible for the program. Additionally, students must meet certain qualifications set by federal regulations to be accepted into the program. These include:
- Be low income and first generation (neither parent has a Bachelor's degree) OR
- Be from a group that is underrepresented in graduate school (Native American, Hispanic or African American)
- All students must be sophomore to senior undergraduate students and be a citizen or a permanent resident of the United States
For more information on the income requirements please see: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ope/trio/incomelevels.html?exp=0
Applications are available from the McNair Scholars Program office or downloadable off our website.
The due date for completed applications is October 20, 2017.
ALL application materials must be received at the McNair Scholars Program office by the end of business on this date in order to be considered in this year's application process.
For More Information or To Pick Up An Application
- Download the McNair Application Packet
- The packet is a 7-page document in 4 parts:
- A 1-page cover letter
- A 2-page scholar application form
- A resume
- 2 copies of a 2-page recommendation form
- PRINT the complete application packet.
- FILL OUT the forms as required and distribute the recommendation forms to your recommenders.
- RETURN or MAIL ALL FORMS and other requested materials to the McNair Scholars Program in 2047 Swenson Hall. The complete mailing address is given on the cover letter and the recommendation forms.
If you are unable to access the application form, contact us and we can mail or fax a copy of the application packet to you.