New Alma Mater Competition
Be part of history! Showcase your school spirit and talent by composing the music and lyrics for UW-Superior's new alma mater.
The alma mater is the university's official song or hymn, describing the experiences and loyalties of people who have attended. It is sung at important university events, including every Commencement ceremony.
The new alma mater will premiere at Chancellor Wachter's inauguration in April 2012.
Submit your composition to the Alma Mater Committee. Here's how:
All compositions must be submitted by February 20, 2012, for consideration.
Any and all interested parties are welcome to submit an entry.
Finalist compositions will be judged by:
- Artistic merit
- Connection to UW-Superior as a unique community and academic institution
- The ability to be sung by a wide range of individuals
- Submit entries by February 20, 2012.
- Printed, electronic, or digital manuscript (no recordings at this time)
- Send entries to:
Alma Mater Selection Committee
c/o Jan Hanson
Belknap and Catlin
P.O. Box 2000
Superior, WI 54880
or submit electronically to: email@example.com
- The Alma Mater Committee will narrow down submissions to finalists based on the criteria listed above.
- Finalist compositions, including the current alma mater, will be submitted to the UW-Superior community for consideration and feedback.
- A selection will be made by March 14, 2012. The selected UW-Superior alma mater will be premiered at the April 12, 2012 Inauguration Ceremony for Chancellor Renée Wachter.
- All submissions become the property of the University of Wisconsin-Superior.
Submit your questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Throughout the process, the Alma Mater Committee will strive to maximize the public visibility of this process to ensure maximum ownership of the alma mater by members of the UW-Superior community, particularly students and alumni.
Good luck to all entrants!