Wisconsin's Public Liberal Arts College

Info for Canadian Students

Info for Canadian Students

OIP Future Students

Info for Canadian Students

Citizens of Canada are not required to obtain a U.S. visa to enter the United States. However, a U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officer will inspect your papers, either at a pre-inspection site in Canada or upon entry to the United States. You must have with you:

• Proof of Canadian citizenship

• Your admission letter to UW-Superior

• Proof of Federal SEVIS Fee Payment (Information about this is included when the I-20s are sent).

• Your UW-Superior Certificate of Eligibility (Form I-20)

• Proof of financial support that corresponds to the information on your I-20


It is essential that you enter the United States in the appropriate status, so be sure to have complete documentation with you.

Also note that you should check your Form I-20 for the following:

  • Is your name spelled correctly and in the same form as it appears in your passport?

  • Is the other information correct-date and country of birth, degree program, reporting date, completion date, financial information?

  • Is it signed by a college official using blue ink?

  • Has the reporting date ("student must report no later than") passed? (The I-20 expires on, and cannot be used after, the reporting date.)

Also, be sure to put your name, the date and your signature in blue ink in the appropriate space at the bottom of the first page of your I-20.

Back to Top