National Student Exchange

The National Student Exchange allows college students to study for a semester or a year at nearly 190 universities in the United States and Canada while paying tuition to their home school.

The NSE Program has been compared to a domestic study abroad program.  Instead of crossing oceans, however, NSE students cross state, regional, provincial, and cultural borders to take courses not available on their home campuses, expand their academic program options, reside in a different region, be exposed to diverse cultural settings, seek out graduate and professional schools, and explore career options. The changes seen in student attitudes, understanding of other people in other settings, maturity, risk-taking, and decision-making are similar to the experiences of students who study internationally.

What does it cost?

NSE is an unbelievable bargain.  A participating student pays tuition and fees at UW-Superior just as if he or she were here, but all housing, meals, and other costs will be paid at the host university. Most scholarships and financial aid will apply as usual.  There is an application fee of $285 payable before the placement is made.

Where can I go?

The National Student Exchange operates a very helpful website, which includes a list of member campuses.


Students must submit the application in person at our office, Old Main 337.

Need more information? Contact