The Multicultural Center
The Multicultural Center is located at Old Main, Room 232. It has a maximum capacity of 100. It is a great place to hold meetings, receptions, socials, guest lecture, presentations, and so forth. The following information outlines the process of reserving the Multicultural Center and organizing all the details of your event needs.
Making the Reservation
The Multicultural Center has its own Outlook Calendar. To view the calendar:
- Open your Outlook Calendar
- Click "Public Folders"
- Click "Rooms & Labs"
- Scroll down the list to find and click (once) "Multicultural Center"
The Outlook Calendar allows you to see if the Multicultural Center is available on the date(s) and time(s) of your event. Making a reservation is easy! There are no forms to fill out. Just follow these two easy steps:
- Have your preferred date(s) and time(s) selected before making the reservation by confirming space availability via the Multicultural Center Outlook Calendar. Also, please be sure to include the time it takes to set-up and break-down the space as part of your overall reservation time.
- Complete the Multicultural Center Agreement form.
- Send the form to email@example.com, and they will send you a confirmation email.
- Reservations are on a "first come, first serve" basis, so make your reservation as early as possible.
- The Office of Multicultural Affairs prefers to keep the Multicultural Center open during weekdays for student use of the facility and its resources. If it is critical that your event be scheduled during this time, the Office of Multicultural Affairs is able to work with you on your request. Please bring this need to the attention of the Office of Multicultural Affairs staff during your reservation request telephone call.
You are responsible for planning all of your set-up arrangements, including: furniture, electronic equipment, food, and clean-up/break-down.
- If your event requires extra chairs and/or tables, please fill out a Work Order.
- The Multicultural Center is equipped with a P. A. system and three computers.
- A projector, projector cart, and projection screen are available by request through the Office of Multicultural Affairs. Please contact the Office of Multicultural Affairs to reserve this equipment.
- If you need additional equipment such as a slide projector, please contact Technology Services to make these arrangements.
- If you need to use the Multicultural Center's P. A. system, you must provide a 9V battery for your use of the microphone.
- If you plan to serve food in the Multicultural Center, you must use the university's official catering vendor, Chartwells Dining Service or other university-approved vendors.
- Additionally, you are responsible for contacting Facilities Management to alert them that you will be serving food.
- In order to preserve the furniture in the Multicultural Center, we ask that you do not order any red beverages.
You are responsible for clean-up and rearranging furniture immediately after your event. If your event is very large and requires moving a lot of furniture and/or will serve food, we recommend filling out a Facilities Management Work Order for assistance with clean-up. Please remember that you are responsible for contacting Facilities Management to alert them that you will be serving food. Please do not wait to clean the next day as people use the Multicultural Center continuously throughout each day.
- Refer to the Multicultural Center Checklist form.
- There is a map and set-up guide to the Multicultural Center found under the light switches near the front doors.
- The Office of Multicultural Affairs staff will wipe-down all table tops. We only ask that you dispose of all trash.
After Hours or Weekends
If your event occurs after weekday hours or on the weekend, please contact Campus Safety Office at 715-394-8114 to gain entrance to the building. Please turn off all lights and close both the entrance and balcony doors behind you (they lock automatically) after your event and clean-up.