Types of Parking Permits

All UW-Superior parking permits (except motorcycle and special single use paper permits) are of the transferable hanging type.

  • If the owner of the permit has more than one vehicle, the permit may be used in whichever vehicle is currently being parked in a campus parking area.
  • Permits must be hung, clearly visible, from the inside rearview mirror to be valid.

SPECIAL NOTE: Ownership of permits is not transferable.

Never purchase or take a permit from another person as that permit may have been reported as lost or stolen. This would make you subject to violation of parking regulation-Fraudulent or Illegal Permit, with a fine of $60.00 and/or of state statute UWS Chapter 18.08(8)(a, b, or c)-Misuse of Parking Services, with a current possible fine amount of $295.00.

UW-Superior Parking Permits are not valid on City streets.

permit reserved

Faculty/Staff Reserved (Limited space available) - Permits are yellow, purple or blue in color and valid Monday through Friday in their designated reserved area from 7 a.m. to 7:15 p.m. all year.

permit red

Faculty/Staff - Available to all university faculty and staff employees. Permits are red in color and allow users to park in red-posted lots.

permit green

Student - Available to all students. Permits are green in color and allow students to park in any green-posted lots.

permit motorcycle

Motorcycle Permits issued to motorcycle users. Permit must be displayed from the left rearview mirror or on the license plate to be valid.

permit temporary

Short-Term Permit Issued to faculty/staff, students, workshop/seminar participants, visitors, and guests who wish to park on campus for short intervals. Short-term permits are also color-coded for designated parking lots. Please check your permit color and parking lot sign to ensure you are in the right area. Parking Services is also required to register the make and year of your vehicle and the license plate number.


One time use paper permits for display on your vehicle dashboard are now also available through UW-Superior Parking Services or directly by special arrangements with certain pre-approved offices on campus


Special Request Permits Vendors and sales representatives providing services to the university may apply for the appropriate permit from the Parking Services Office. Loading and service access to sidewalks for contractor vehicles.

Contractors responsible for construction and repair work on campus must contact the University Facilities Management Office in the Service Center Building prior to starting work. They, in turn, will contact the Parking Services Office to arrange parking. Contractor permits are required on applicable vehicles and must be parked in accordance with the University Parking Regulations.