At UW-Superior, Pre-College Programs support the academic, social, and emotional growth of K-12 students and help prepare them to be successful in all aspects of life, especially in the pursuit of a higher education. UW-Superior is proud to offer two Pre-College Programs, Upward Bound-TRIO and GEARS.
- Federally funded by the U.S. Department of Education
- Serves 56 students in grades 9-12 from Superior School District
- Goal is to help students succeed in high school and prepare for postsecondary education
- Gaining Early Awareness and Readiness in Superior
- Partnership between UW-Superior and Superior School District
- UW-Superior college students serve local 6th-8th grade students through tutoring and mentoring activities