Whether you’re using an app or website, checking your email or simply making a phone call, you use technology constantly in your daily life.
A computer science major will put you at the forefront of creating that technology. Engage in this fast-growing field and learn the principles that will allow you to become a vital part of the future.
No matter your intended role, a major in computer science at UW-Superior will give you the background you need for cutting-edge jobs or graduate study.
The computer science major may be taken as a comprehensive major (on campus only), which does not require a minor, or as a non-comprehensive major that does require a minor.
This program is available online (non-comprehensive major only) and on campus.
What You’ll Learn
Through a major in computer science at UW-Superior, you will:
- Learn the latest programming languages using current technology in dedicated computing labs.
- Gain an understanding of the concepts, issues and algorithms underlying the design and implementation of modern operating systems.
- Get hands-on experience working with outside companies as part of your coursework.
- Learn the principles and concepts of computer science while gaining problem-solving skills for real-world computational problems.
- Engage in a vibrant student club that hosts programming contests, sponsors trips to conferences and organizes social events.
- You’ll benefit from the use of ARM microcontrollers, which are used in 25 percent of our computer science courses. Student projects include handheld game design and Bluetooth/WiFi connectivity.
STEM Designated Degree Program
For international students, this major is a STEM Designated Degree Program which can qualify you to extend your post-graduation stay in the United States.
Program Outcomes/Career Opportunities
Career opportunities are vast for computer science majors. Here are a few possibilities:
- Software development
- Network system administration
- Web development
- Database systems
- Microcontroller firmware development
Ready to get started?
Applying to UW-Superior is easy and free for undergraduate students. Once your application is submitted, you’ll hear from us within just a few days. We’re here to help you every step of the way with any questions you may have, so why wait? Start your application today.
"*" indicates required fields