The psychology program at UW-Superior will train you to apply psychological principles, expand your awareness by promoting diversity and inclusion, and encourage you to explore your personal interests through research.
The Psychology curriculum offers broad exposure to various subfields, from behavioral neuroscience to clinical psychology. Specific course options include motivation and emotion, learning and behavior, psychological disorders, personality, social cognition, and many more.
The psychology major and minor are available on campus and online.
What You’ll Learn
Through a major or minor in psychology at UW-Superior, you will:
- Learn how to effectively communicate both orally and in writing
- Learn to design, implement, and evaluate basic research methods in psychology. Become a critical consumer of media news reports in the area of psychology
- Learn to apply psychological principles to individual, interpersonal, group, and societal issues
- Develop your critical thinking skills and learn to take a scientific approach to human behavior and mental processes.
- Prepare to further your education or enter the workforce.
- Participate in Academic Service Learning, which will allow you to serve the community while you apply concepts from your coursework
Program Outcomes/Career Opportunities
A Bachelor of Science degree in psychology offers a solid foundation for many career opportunities in business, law, health care, government, education and more. Job titles held by some of our recent graduates include:
- Substance abuse counselor
- Early childhood behavior specialist
- Recreational therapist
- Athletic trainer
- Psychiatric technician
- Project manager
- Gerontology service coordinator
The psychology program at UW-Superior also prepares students to seek out and pursue additional education (e.g., master’s or doctoral degree), which further increases the range of possible careers. Job titles held by recent graduates who pursued advanced degrees include:
- School counselor
- School psychologist
- Licensed professional counselor
- Grant director
- Advertising, public relations, and sales management
- Forensic examiner
- Sports psychologist
- Health psychologist
- Cognitive neuropsychologist
- Design psychologist/environmental designer
Ready to get started?
Applying to UW-Superior is easy and free for undergraduate students. Once your application is submitted, you’ll hear from us within just a few days. We’re here to help you every step of the way with any questions you may have, so why wait? Start your application today.
"*" indicates required fields