Teacher Education Advisory Committee
1. Coordinator of TeacherEducation (Committee Chairperson)
2. All faculty from the TeacherEducation program
3. A faculty member from eachof the content departments (chosen by the department)
4. A representative fromDistance Learning (appointed by Distance Learning Office)
Ex Officio Members:
1. Chair of EducationalLeadership
2. Certification Officer
3. Teacher Education Advisors
4. Student Teaching Director
5. Teacher Education ProgramRecruiter and Advisor
Functions of the TEAC:
1. Coordinate all curriculum
and instructional matters related to DPI accreditation
2. Coordinate the accreditationprocess for content department
3. Coordinate the portfoliodevelopment and assessment process
4. Coordinate the programapplication process
5. Plan, develop, and implementthe teacher education program assessment and continuous improvement process
6. Plan initiatives to addressthe college mission and vision in relation to the teacher education program
7. Establish ad hoc taskgroups
8. Propose agenda items for theEducational Leadership department meetings
9. Advise the EducationalLeadership Department on matters related to teacher certification programs.
10. Any curricular changeproposed by a department that has an impact on teacher education licensureprograms shall be presented to the Teacher Education Committee for input beforebeing considered by the appropriate department and Academic Affairs.
11. Coordinate diversityinitiatives.
The Teacher Education Committee will meet a minimum of once each month to address tasks associated with the committee'sresponsibilities.