Teacher Education Advisory Committee
- Coordinator of TeacherEducation (Committee Chairperson)
- All faculty from the TeacherEducation program
- A faculty member from eachof the content departments (chosen by the department)
- A representative fromDistance Learning (appointed by Distance Learning Office)
Ex Officio Members:
- Chair of EducationalLeadership
- Certification Officer
- Teacher Education Advisors
- Student Teaching Director
- Teacher Education ProgramRecruiter and Advisor
Functions of the TEAC:
- Coordinate all curriculum and instructional matters related to DPI accreditation
- Coordinate the accreditation process for content department
- Coordinate the portfolio development and assessment process
- Coordinate the program application process
- Plan, develop, and implement the teacher education program assessment and continuous improvement process
- Plan initiatives to address the college mission and vision in relation to the teacher education program
- Establish ad hoc task groups
- Propose agenda items for the Educational Leadership department meetings
- Advise the Educational Leadership Department on matters related to teacher certification programs.
- Any curricular change proposed by a department that has an impact on teacher education licensure programs shall be presented to the Teacher Education Committee for input before being considered by the appropriate department and Academic Affairs.
- Coordinate diversity initiatives.
The Teacher Education Committee will meet a minimum of once each month to address tasks associated with the committee'sresponsibilities.
Appointed by Academic Departments