Offering team sports and individual events, participants vie for the coveted Intramural Champion t-shirt. Organize your own team or put yourself on the Intramural Free Agent list. Intramural Activities determines the brackets, tracks the team records and organizes the tournaments. We offer a variety of sports for all seasons. Each semester is divided into two blocks. Each block is approximately six weeks. Four weeks of league play and one or two weeks of tournament play.
Wall of Champions
Students interested in playing Intramural Sports, but without a team should register as free agent on IMLeagues.
You can list yourself as a free agent in as many divisions within a league as you'd like. First create yourself an IMLeagues account and then visit the page of the sport you'd like to play and click on "Join as Free Agent".
You will be visible to all members of the site and can request to join teams, or post information about yourself so teams can request to add you to their team.
Signing up as a free agent does not guarantee you a spot on an Intramural Team.
Become an Official
The Intramural Department is seeking enthusiastic and reliable individuals that are willing to learn to officiate Intramural Sports. No previous officiating experience is required, although experienced and certified officials are encouraged to apply. Officials will be trained by Campus Recreation staff and may have additional officiating opportunities.
Students need to demonstrate reasonable knowledge, skill of the sport, dedication to the sport, and express consideration toward all participants.
Interested individuals are encouraged to apply the first week of the semester, but applications are accepted throughout the year.
The week prior to the beginning of the season, a clinic and rule discussion is held. Attendance is mandatory. Officials are paid for the clinics. All officials are paid for officiating.
Team Captains serve as the liaison between their team and the Intramural Staff.
Team Captains responsibilities include:
- Pay the team entry fees.
- Attend all meetings pertaining to his/her team's activity.
- Submit the appropriate team roster.
- Make roster changes and additions when necessary according to the eligibility rules.
- Notify team members of date, place, and time of contest or schedule changes.
- Relay all information to all team players, fans, coaches, etc. from the intramural handbook and all other information that was given at the captains meeting.
- Be knowledgeable of all playing rules governing the sport in which they are participating.
- Be knowledgeable of all eligibility rules and department policies.
- Managers/Captains must read and understand and abide by the Campus Recreation Intramural Participant Handbook.
- Display good sportsmanship.
- Team captains are held responsible for the actions of teams, specific players and/or spectators.
Understanding and adhering to these guidelines will facilitate and allow a team's participation in Intramurals at UW-Superior.