Dropping and Adding Courses Throughout Spring 2015
ADDING A COURSE AFTER FIFTH DAY OF TERM:
(January 16th to January 26th at 5:00 PM,
students may add courses on their self-serve E-Hive site.)
- January 27th to February 2nd: Students may add a class with consent of the Instructor. A Drop/Add form with instructor's signature must be submitted to the Registrar's Office to add a course.
- Follow these steps:
- The Drop/Add form requires your Instructor's signature.
- Beginning February 3rd, Drop/Add forms must first be brought to the Cashier's Office in OM 208 for approval (depending on the status of your tuition and fees).
- Bring the form to the Registrar's Office where the course will be added to your schedule.
LATE ADD AFTER TENTH DAY
- February 3rd to April 24th, a Petition with all signatures requested, and a Drop/Add form is required to add a class. Use the same process as outlined in the January 27th to February 2nd process for adding (this does not include arranged courses).
- April 25th to end of term, a Petition and a Drop/Add form are required to add a class using the same process as the January 27th to February 2nd process for adding; additionally, the student is required to pay $20 for registering excessively late for a course.
DROPPING A COURSE AFTER TENTH DAY OF TERM:
(Students can drop via their self-serve
E-Hive from the 1st through the 10th day of the semester, February 2nd.)
- February 3rd to April 3rd, a course may be dropped using a Drop/Add form. A grade of "W" (withdraw) will appear on transcript.
- Additionally, a $20 late-drop fee must be paid to the Cashier's Office. The cashier will mark your Drop/Add form "OK."
- Bring the form to the Registrar's Office where the drop will be processed
- Note: there is no netting of classes for tuition purposes as of the 11th day of classes each semester. No netting means when a course is dropped as of the 11th day, its credits do not subtract from the student's semester credit load; if a student drops multiple courses, all the credits remain on their record for tuition purposes which could result in paying additional tuition above the full-time tuition rate. For further clarification, please ask at the Cashier's Office or check the Bursar's Fee Schedule for related financial information.
LATE DROP AFTER 60% DAY
- April 4th to end of term, students will receive a failure grade. In very extenuating circumstances (with documentation), students can submit a Drop/Add form and a Petition plus a $20 late-drop fee. Only petitions with compelling reason will be considered for approval of late drops.