Transcript Information

Requesting Your Official Transcript


The Registrar's Office at the University of Wisconsin-Superior sends transcripts to potential employers, school officials, government agencies, or anyone the student designates in the ordering process. Students and alumni can choose between an electronic or paper request. See directions below. The electronic method is suggested.

NOTE: All paper transcripts sent directly to students and alumni are stamped "issued to student." Read more below.

A University of Wisconsin-Superior official transcript is a complete record of a student's enrollment at the university and is maintained by the Registrar's Office. An official transcript includes all undergraduate and graduate courses and includes the University seal and Registrar signature. Partial transcripts are not available.

This permanent record is considered confidential between the student and the university. No transcripts are released, except to authorized representatives within the university, without the written permission of the student. Third party requests will not be accepted. Official transcripts will be sent to the address indicated on the request.

Students can obtain an "unofficial" transcript through their E-Hive account if enrolled Fall Semester 2000 or later. For assistance with an E-Hive log-in and password, contact the Helpdesk at 715-394-8300 or

Not all institutions (colleges, employers, scholarship funds, etc.) will accept unofficial transcripts. It is up to you to verify with the receiving institution if official transcripts need to be sent directly from UW-Superior.

Transcript Fees

Standard Processing

The fee for a transcript is $10 (includes both undergraduate and graduate); processed within three business days. May be sent electronically or mailed.

Rush Processing

The fee for a transcript is $15 (includes both undergraduate and graduate); processed same day. May be picked up (from the Registrar's Office in Old Main 139), sent electronically or mailed.

Express Processing

The fee for a transcript is $25 for sending with the U.S. and $50 for sending international. Orders are processed same day and delivered FedEx.

Acceptable forms of payment include American Express, MasterCard, or Visa credit/debit card.


Electronic Transcript Request Procedure

Transcripts are ordered on line 24/7 through the National Student Clearinghouse. You can place as many orders as you like in one session using any major credit card. Your card will only be charged after your order has been completed. Order updates will be emailed to you. You can also
track your order online using your email address and order number.

Your signed consent may be required to fulfill your transcript order. For your convenience, a consent form will be generated for your order that you can return to the Clearinghouse via fax, mail or as a scanned email attachment.

Orders placed after 9:30 a.m. Central Time will be processed the following business day by the University Registrar's Office. To continue and place your order online, please follow this link Clearinghouse secure site.

If you have further questions regarding the National Student Clearinghouse order process please feel free to contact them at (703) 742-4200
or via e-mail at

Paper Transcript Request Procedure There are two methods that can be used via paper to request a transcript. 1. Transcripts can be ordered by completing the paper Transcript Request Form or by coming to the Registrar's Office in Old Main 139 and completing the Transcript Request Form.

Send the completed Transcript Request form along with the proper fee (as listed above) to the Registrar's Office at:

UW-Superior Registrar's Office
Belknap & Catlin
P.O. Box 2000
Superior WI 54880-4500

2. Send us a letter requesting a copy of your transcript and include the following information:

Name (if you had a different name while enrolled, please include that name.)

Social Security Number or Student Identification Number

Approximate dates of attendance.

Graduate or undergraduate transcript being requested.

Name and address of person or organization where the transcript should be sent.

Your signature at the bottom of the letter.

Payments-Make check payable to UW-Superior .See the fee list above.

If you have questions about transcripts, please call (715) 394-8227 , or email

NOTE: Telephone and e-mail requests for transcripts cannot be honored for privacy reasons.

NOTE: Paper transcripts are sent in sealed envelopes to recipients, if the seal is broken, most institutions no longer consider the transcript as official.

NOTE: All paper transcripts sent directly to students and alumni are stamped "issued to student". Not all institutions (colleges, employers, scholarships, etc.) will accept these transcripts as official even if they are in a sealed envelope. It is the student's responsibility to verify with the receiving institution if transcripts need to be sent directly from UW-Superior. Most institutions require transcripts be sent directly from UW-Superior to their institution to be considered official.