Grants and Research Office
Learn more on how to advance your potential for funded scholarship, research and creative activities: Call Kaelene, your Grant and Research Administrator, at ext. 8488 and visit the funding opportunities on this webpage.
Check out funding opportunities:
Primary Scope of Activities
Facilitate proposal preparation and submission to external agencies:
- Identify external funding opportunities; and
- Assist at the beginning, middle and final stages of the proposal development process.
Provide information and education on:
- Grant writing;
- How to use electronic databases for funding searches; and
- Federal and state agencies and foundations as university sponsors for scholarly research and student success program.
Recommend and develop policies and practices for research and funded scholarship on the UW-Superior campus. Ensure policies for compliance with federal regulations and agency standards are in place.
Summary of Services
Core services of the GRO:
- Identifies appropriate funding sources and disseminates to faculty and staff in relevant academic departments, research centers and institutes.
- Develops and maintains a liaison relationship with federal, state, and local funding sources.
- Provides technical assistance to Principal Investigators as they develop competitive grant proposals with supporting budgets.
- Provides workshops, technical assistance and other training and awareness programs to build capacities that prepare faculty and staff to pursue competitive funding proposals.
- Provides strategic review and mandatory compliance reviews prior to submission.
Additional services of the GRO available upon request:
- Aligns grant development planning process with the strategic plans of the university, its departments and individual faculty.
- Coordinates and ensures the quality development of institution-wide grant projects together with faculty and staff appointed by the Provost and Department Chairs.