Faculty in Residence Program
The Faculty in Residence Program is designed to increase the impact of teaching and scholarship at the University of Wisconsin-Superior through residential community building between a faculty member and students.
In the program, a tenured or tenure-track faculty member, teaching staff or student services staff member lives on campus and works closely with Residence Life, including the Hall Managers and Resident Assistants (RAs), to provide residents with a variety of thought-provoking, exciting and educational programs. Live-in faculty often informally interact with residents in lounges, Residence Life programs, celebrations and socials.
The Faculty-in-Residence program expands the University's educational experience by providing a complimentary residential experience that is interdisciplinary, creative, and meaningful through biweekly programs and weekly contact hours.
Participants in the Faculty in Residence program:
- Serve as a role a model and resource for the students they live and learn with.
- Provide opportunities for students to engage as global citizens.
- Cultivate student interactions that empower them to grow, develop, and reflect upon multiple perspectives.
- Integrate curricular and co-curricular activities across the University's academic programs and student life initiatives to promote learning across disciplines.
- Expand students' appreciation for differences and increases their values inherent in equity and diversity work.